Saturday, May 1, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes.....

Yesterday was crazy and exciting and I am officially graduated! After graduation my family went to Sizzler in Provo to celebrate. I sat next to Brooklyn (Kelly's daughter who is 7) and she told me that her dad had checked her out of school so she could come to see me graduate. She said that her friends asked why she needed to leave and she told them, "To see my grandma graduate". The next question of why I was graduating prompted this response from Brooklyn, " She didn't get to finish High School!" We had a great laugh at that.
It's good to be done but I will miss many aspects of going to UVU. I loved it there and made many friends that I will miss so much. Of course I can go back and see those who still work there but it's never quite the same. I had so many fun times there and I'm so grateful for the wonderful memories of the blood, sweat, tears, but mostly laughter that are mine.
Thanks to all for your love and support over the years. I wasn't able to get graduation announcements out to all I would have like to but Jamie said that she can scan my announcement in so you all can see it.I might be graduated but there are still some things that I don't know how to do with a computer. I have children for that! :) Happy Day!!!

4 comments:

ANeibaur said...

I did get to see the announcement you sent over to Mandy, you looked beautiful. Sorry I couldn't make it. My sister in law was graduating at the same time too, and Im sad I didn't get to go see it all.
Way to go Aunt Janice!
Your such an amazing person, and inspiration.
You are, and are going to, do great things. :)

Chris & Jamie said...

YAY Mama, you FINALLY got your GED...I mean Bachelors;) We are SOOO proud of you!

patty323 said...

congratulations janice i am very proud of you. me and amanda did go but we just did not see anyone there alot of people. anyway I am very proud of you good luck in grad school.

Kiara said...

Yay for graduation!! I posted a couple pics of us on my blog. I'm a little slower on getting the post done than you. Have fun in Florida!! Can't wait to see you again!