Saturday, April 9, 2011
Monday, April 4, 2011
Sunday, January 23, 2011
- Brooklyn was baptised and it was wonderful! I love you and am so proud of you Brooklyn!
- Kelly and Megan's birthday=Tacanno's (not sure of spelling) Yea!
- Best friend, Kolleen and I, overnight in Park City for our birthdays! You're the best Kolleen!
- Transiberian Orchestra on the 18th! It was fabulous! A must see for the holidays!
- Annual Red Lobster Christmas dinner with adult children. Saw Plaid Tidings afterwards. As usual we all had a blast! I love you guys!
- Ken took me up to Salt Lake to go on my "perfect date." We were going to see the Joseph Smith movie at the Memorial building, then go up to the Sky Room for dinner, then on a carriage ride, and then walk around and see the lights. So----does anyone remember the day that there was an accident on the freeway and it shut it down? Well that was the day of my perfect date and we ended up in the standstill for 3 hours and 15 minutes! We had left in plenty of time and ended up getting there just in time for dinner at 5:30. It was still a wonderful time.
- Dr Stone (dermatologist) called and said he wanted me to see a specialist because a biopsy of my bottom eyelid showed a cancer that needed to be taken care of asap.
- Saw Dr. Cook and wanted to do surgery the next week but I had finals. Had surgery done on Dec.20th. Dr Peterson took out the cancer and then went over to surgery center and Dr Cook reconstructed my bottom eyelid. They feel they got it all. Took the stitches out on Dec.29th. I looked like a before and after picture because I couldn't wear make up on my left eye. Awesome! :) It wasn't pretty!:)
- Finals week was the 13th through 17th. That also wasn't pretty! :)
- Christmas was pretty quiet since it wasn't my turn to have all the kids. We did all get together( except for Mike and Jess who were in Salt Lake)on Christmas night and had a great time!
- Went to Kaylee's 1st birthday on the 31st. What a doll!
That takes me to the end of the year. In between all of those things were assignments due, tests to take and study for, papers to write----all the things that go with school. All I can say is INTENSE! I'm grateful for all of the students that are in my MSW cohort and how wonderful they are! They are so helpful and supportive! I am very blessed!
Happy day and I shall update what has happened since the first of the year soon!
Thought for the day: Storms make trees have deeper roots.
Friday, November 5, 2010
See? Panic mode but I handled it soooo well! :)-------------------------------
Jamie, Jess, and I put on the 1st Annual Nielsen Halloween Party on the 29th of October. It was really fun but didn't go quite as we had planned. (whatever does?) With our family it doesn't really matter, we always have a great time. I think Jamie will blog some pictures so check out her site. I dressed as a pirate. Ken came as a pirate as well and looked great! Long flowing black locks a knife between his teeth, and a gold earring. Lookin good! He's such a good sport and it was his birthday too! We celebrated afterwards with cake and sang him Happy Birthday! Cory and Elisha's family came as The Incredibles and looked----incredible! Elisha did a great job with their masks painted on and Sadie had black hair! Kelly and Jen's family came as vampires and looked awesome! (When is the next Twilight movie coming out?) Jess and Mike came as Robin Hood and Maid Marion and totally nailed the look. Jake, Megan and Kaylee came as the Flintstones and looked so perfect! Complete with a bone in Kaylee's hair! How cute is that? Jamie and Chris were the Wizard of Oz characters. Dorothy's ruby red slipper was missing and we didn't find it til after the party! Mom and Danny came as entertainers and were dressed alike. They looked great! Good job everyone and thanks for making it so fun! On to Thanksgiving and Christmas! LOVE IT!!!!! I have the best family in the world and the Lord continues to bless me so much. Ken is wonderful to me and spoils me sooo much! NOT A PROBLEM! ha ha Love to ya'll and hope this season finds you happy and healthy!! We have so much to be grateful for! Happy day!!!
Thought for the day: You don't have to be crazy to work here. We'll train you! :)
Friday, October 8, 2010
Ken and I met Kiara and her husband and their friends in Salt Lake to see Lion King. All I can say is WOW it was awesome!
Had the chance to work in the Baptistery at the Provo Temple for my neighbor last Friday from 5:15am to 11:00am. It was a great experience!
We went over to Cory and Elisha's house for dinner and to play games on Oct 1st, the Friday before general conference. It was really fun.
Ken invited us( Jamie,Chris and the kids) over to his house for a great breakfast before General Conference on Saturday morning. I was stuffed between the eggs, bacon and pancakes, but what a way to start Conference! Thanks Ken!
AND CONFERENCE WAS WONDERFUL! If you want to know why, the Ensign will be coming out soon! :)
As far as school goes, I'm still very overwhelmed, but I have figured out that's what the MSW program is all about. Survival! I pray alot and appreciate those of you who are praying for me too!
Ken and I are going to the BYU Homecoming Spectacular tonight and to the Football game tomorrow! Talk about needing our prayers---I hope the game is at least CLOSE! :)
I hope everyone is doing well and I love ya'll! Happy Day!
Thought for the day: When you come to the edge of everything you know and are about to step into darkness, Faith is knowing that one of two things will happen: there will be something solid for you to stand on, or you will be taught to fly.
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Why is it that.....
- People don't tell you that the delicious salad you had for lunch, now resides as a hanging orniment on your front tooth?
- There is no toilet paper in the only stall you choose, and you find out too late?
- You always get asked a question just when you put food in your mouth?
- Nobody tells you that your skirt is tucked in your wasteband, and you went to the bathroom over 2 hours ago!?
- When your nose starts to run, there is never anything around to wipe it with but the sleeve of your clean shirt?
- The root beer you drink makes you burp and since you "don't do that kind of thing", you look curiously at the person sitting next to you so everyone will think they did it?
- Your hair only looks great when there is no place to go?
- Your mind goes blank when you go to introduce your really good friend to someone?
- The guy pulls out in front of you and goes really slow?
- They are always out of the only thing you want on the menu?
- The grocery line is always faster in the other lane and when you finally decide to switch lines, the lady in front of you needs a price check?
- You have the time but no money or the money and no time?
- When you go on vacation, your bowels do to!?
- You finally decide to throw something away that you have kept around for years only to find that you need it within the week?
- You can never find your cell phone until after it's stopped ringing?
IT'S CALLED MURPHY'S LAW! And he has a twisted sense of humor! Ahhhhh!
I'm glad I got that straightened out. I feel much better!! Happy Day!
Thought of the day: Women are angels. And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly. On a broomstick. We are flexible like that! :)
Friday, September 17, 2010
Last Saturday Chris and I went with Cory and his Scout group to hike up Timpanogos to the very top. I got to glacier lake and watched as Cory, Chris and Jeff (Cory's bishop) hiked to the top of the cliff up the glacier. It was a beautiful day! We started hiking at 7:30am and Cory, Chris and I got off the mountain at about 6:00pm. (The rest of the group was off by 7:30pm) Let's just say that I was dying on the way down. And of course Cory had a brilliant idea to shave off some time by going down a ravine that ended up having a cliff at the bottom. We were sure praying on the way out of that one. It's Cory! Why didn't I know better? :) We did survive without any broken bones, twisted ankles or DEATH! It was still a blast! Thanks for letting us go Cory!
Stake conference was this weekend and it was great! Jagger's blessing was at our house on Sunday and it was really nice. It was great to see everyone! I have THE cutest grand kids on the planet(and probably the ones with the most energy!)
I'm going to" LION KING" tomorrow and am so excited! I love the music and my dear friend Kiara and her wonderful husband stood in line months ago to get tickets. I had her get me a couple of tickets and I can't believe it's finally here! yay! Thanks Darwin and Kiara!
Happy day to ya'll and I hope all is going well! Look around you at the gorgeous place we live and enjoy the FALL!
Thought for the day: A bargain: something you cannot use at a price you cannot resist.