Friday, May 7, 2010

Fun and Fireworks!

Yesterday we went to the Epcot Center all day with Dee and Renae, who are the wives of the bishopric Tom works with and great friends of Gayle's. It was soooo much fun. We laughed, went from Country to Country and went on several rides. I learned more about the history of different countries in one day than I learned in my entire school career! We stuffed ourselves in a phone booth, were serenaded by the liberty singers in the USA (Gayle got her hand kissed and sang to by a very good looking man who she was not going to let go of--to his surprise!) ate delicious pastries and chocolate mousse in France, checked out the statues in Rome :), hugged Tigger and Winnie the Pooh, got rained on, sweat in the humidity and had a blast! Dee and Ranae's husbands and Tom joined us at the Wilderness Lodge where we ate dinner. I think we were the loudest table (shock!) We were definitely having the most fun! It was a replica of the lodge in Yellowstone and very beautiful. The restaurant was fun. They would throw your straws at you and if you wanted ketchup, you had to stand at the front of the restaurant and yell, "I NEED KETCHUP!" as loud as you could and then the people who had ketchup at their tables would bring them ALL to you. Guess what? I needed ketchup and I think I surprised the waitress (and the entire restaurant) when I yelled that I needed ketchup! We ended up with 9 bottles! :) After that, we went behind the lodge to the boat dock and got on a boat stocked with chips and soft drinks and boated around the park to where Cinderella's castle was and sat there and watched the firework display while listening to the narration on the boat radio. It was amazing! I have a soft spot for fireworks and I loved it! What a great way to end the day! A good time was had by all! Hope all is well with y'all back home-love ya! Happy Day!

1 comment:

Chris & Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, that sounds like the perfect day! I'm so glad your having a blast!

P.S. I got my blood drawn today and you would have been so proud of me, I was such a brave girl:)