Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Blonde Moment---

So, yesterday went well and I arrived in Florida ALMOST without a hitch. OK, so my flight arrived in Atlanta one half hour early so I think to myself,"sweet! I'll have time to grab a burger and eat it before catching my final flight to Florida. For those of you who fly, you might recognize that starvation seems to be the newest ploy in the secret society of flight people. You might actually pay $8.00 for a cheese tray if you are hungry enough. And the idea of maybe having to pay to use the bathroom? uh--no! YOU would have to pay ME to go in there. Beside if you starve me there is really no--uh reason to go in there. My stomach is empty remember? And THANKS so much for the approx. 3 oz of water you gave me. I sweat that out with my first hot flash! Sorry, I digress. Anyway, I got off the plane and headed to the right terminal and wa la!--there was a Burger King and it seemed that everyone had my idea and the masses were all waiting in the same line. (excuse me, you are in my personal bubble!) I managed to get my order and fill my drink while holding on to my luggage, purse and wallet at the same time. I then proceeded to the Delta terminal gate 11 and sat down to eat and people watch, after all I had plenty of time. My flight was leaving at 3:50 and at about 3:40 they announced that the plane would be boarding to go to Rochester New York. Uhhh--wait a minute-- is Florida on the way to New York? hmmm, I don't THINK so. I look again at my ticket and then at the time. It is 3:45, my flight is suppose to leave at 3:50 and then I saw it. The small print that says I am leaving from gate 9. ooops! I took off running to gate 9 and there were no people milling around. Let me guess--they have already boarded! AHHHH! I got on the plane and of course I have a window seat which means that the two ladies sitting comfortably in their seats have to get up and move into the 3" isle while I slide into my seat. Sorry! I breath a sigh of relief right up until the time the pilot comes on over the intercom and announces that we are having some engine problems and they are working on it as we speak. Something about a hose that is leaking and there isn't enough pressure for take off? Ummm take as LONG as you need. I'm not rocket scientist type person but don't you need pressure to get this thing OFF the ground!? We waited on the plane for 45 minutes and they announced that it was fixed and we could take off. It was such a fun flight because there was major turbulence and I LOVE turbulence! Like a Lagoon ride in the sky! yahoo! So there you have it! I arrived! Gayle picked me up and took me out to Lone Star Steak House where we ate a delicious dinner and then to her gorgeous house! Tom was fly fishing in his front yard. I really didn't know you could do that without water. :) ha ha
Love to you all and thanks to those of you who sent me a text telling me to have a good time. I certainly will. Happy Day!
Thought for the day! An eye for an eye only ends up making the world blind!

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Js and I just today talked about how jealous we are that you are in Florida and we are not. And I love that Dad was fly-fishing in the yard. That is hilarious! Mom says that she put you in my room. Don't you love it? With the bright bathroom that opens onto the lanai? Have you seen the alligators and the stupid turtles and the lizards? So jealous!!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic Janice! You gotta love catching flights in Atlanta-actually I kind of do :). And I thought it was funny as well that my dad was casting in the front yard-so great! And by the way that room is NOT Jenna's room alone-it's both of our rooms. She gets confused sometimes.

The Nielsens said...

Whew! Good thing you're a quick blonde or you just might've missed it. Sounds fun, Enjoy!