Sunday, January 3, 2010

Keep the Change!

Another year gone by and here come the new years resolutions. Ahhhh! I have made enough of these to have learned a few things. If the new resolution is too broad as in wanting to lose weight, read more, become more spiritual, be less judgemental, etc., odds are that you will give up on the goal pretty quickly. Why? Because you didn't determine beforehand HOW you will do it. Most of the time the things we want to change are habits and aren't overcome very easily. Realizing that you will probably return to the habit time and again doesn't mean you can't do it and need to quit trying, it just means that you need to decide what you will do the next time it happens. You have to REPLACE the old way of doing things with something else. Just so you know, I am talking to myself because you should write things down. Killing two birds with one stone.:) So if you do want to make some changes in the year 2010, keep trying and keep the change!
Megan and Jake had their baby girl 3 weeks early on Thursday, the 31st of December! AND she is an absolute doll!(of course with Jake and Megan as parents that was a no brainer!) Its neat that she was born on my dad's birthday. She weighed 6lbs and 5oz and was 19 inches long. Best of all she is healthy! That makes 10 grandchildren for me, 5 girls and 5 boys-Jamie will be the tie breaker this year. I do have the cutest grand kids ever! :)
I hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and I wish you all a prosperous and peaceful new year! Love to you all! Happy day!
Thought for the day: We usually don't pay the price of change until we have so much discomfort where we are that we are ready to move.

5 comments:

patty323 said...

congrats on the 10th grandbaby.

Matias and Misti said...

Congrats to jake and Megan!! We miss your family and I hope all goes great in 2010!

Daisy said...

Hey Janice thanks for the insight on resolution I needed to hear that I made one today and I made sure to be very specific about it so I would be more likely to keep it and not fall in the cracks like you were sayiny. Anyhow I am so excited to Jake and Megan they are going to be great parents. And how exciting that you have another one on the way. I am excited for Jamie and Chris as well. You have a great family and I am so luckly to know you guys. Love ya and miss you tons.

Darwin + Kiara said...

Congrats, Janice! My little sister is going to be induced on Thursday, so a new niece for me this week! Yay for new babies...still have my fingers crossed for us! Hope you're praying for us! ;) See you soon!

The Nielsens said...

Love your thought for the day...it's hitting home! As well as the rest of your post (: