Friday, January 15, 2010

I knew this would happen!.....

It's so funny that so many of us spend time thinking," Life will be better when....... I have always said that we shouldn't spend a minute of our precious time wishing life away. Saying things like," I can't wait til I'm 16 so I can drive"," can't wait until I'm out of school", "can't wait until we have kids"," can't wait til the kids are gone"-- and the list goes on. I really didn't think I did this much but after examining some of my "less than ideal" characteristics, I found that I am guilty of this. I couldn't wait until last semester was over because it was a killer semester. Once it was over, the holiday celebrations began. I felt like such a slacker because I slept in til 7 or 8, and just hung around the house, not exercising, eating LOTS of goodies and not doing much of anything. I enjoyed being with the family and we had a blast but I was so used to "full speed ahead", that I didn't feel like I was accomplishing much of anything. I then began to do something crazy- I began to look forward to going back to school. My family kept telling me to just enjoy the time off because I would be back in school way too soon. And they were right! Oh my gosh, I just finished my first full week back at school and WHY was I wanting more of another KILLER semester? uhhhhh-good question! I am doing a double internship, teaching at Turning Point on Thursdays from 9-noon, and with the DCFS on Monday's and Wednesdays and sometimes Tuesday mornings. I have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 1:00 until 4:30 and a class on Thursday nights from 5:30 to 8:00pm.I also have a class Monday,Wed, and Friday at 1:00 which I am auditing since I can't be there sometimes because of my internship. I get to school on Tues. and Thurs. at 6am to lift weights (and get my pick of parking spots) and then try to be at the library at 7am for homework Monday through Friday. I'm also co-President of the Behavioral Science Club with my wonderful friend Kiara! We both feel like we jumped off the deep end and are waiting for the life boat to come rescue us! Hey Kiara, I think it will be here around graduation on April 29th!:) So how many days until Christmas? I can't wait! ha ha I really like the saying, "Wherever you are BE THERE!" Life goes by way too fast and it is all about the journey, so I am going to stop, take a deep breath and enjoy my experiences! Next time you are in the middle of something, don't be thinking of what you didn't do yesterday or should be doing now or need to do tomorrow---enjoy and experience the now. Tomorrow will come soon enough! Happy Day and love to all!!!!! :)

Thought for the day: For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT! It is Sooo true! I am totally guilty of this. Can't wait for the baby to come, yet, I need to try and enjoy being pregnant, who knows this could be our last and I would be so sad to think that I didn't enjoy my last pregnancy! Good advice once again mother!:)

Jake and Megan said...

So true - great advice. It sounds like you're crazy busy AGAIN, I don't know how you do it. Good luck! Love you!

Darwin + Kiara said...

That boat better be a cruise ship!! I'm soo ready for it!! 14 weeks until our ship comes in, Janice! Woot! Woot!