Friday, January 29, 2010

Go Forward With Faith

While I was reading in the Ensign the other day, I came across a really good talk about what to do when we don't know what to do. I have been in this situation many times in my life and I really appreciated the council given and share with you the following by Brother Ellis of the Seventy," We may find ourselves in situations that require us to take action without knowing what to do. It is our responsibility to act--The scriptures warn us that not knowing is not an excuse for not doing. The Lord expects us to inquire, study and act. When you are living righteously and are acting with trust, God will not let you proceed too far without a warning impression if you have made the wrong decision. So what should we do when we don't know what to do? 1. Seek answers through study and prayer 2. Obey the commandments 3. Trust in the Lord and His promises 4. Follow the prophet 5. Go forward with faith, not fear 6. Complete our mission." The story of Nephi in the Book of Mormon always comes to mind when I think of his going back to the house of Laban to get the plates not knowing beforehand how to accomplish this task, but trusting that the Lord would provide a way. It is hard to know what to do in life when changes come to us so fast for so many reasons:going back to school, getting laid off of a job, starting and raising a family, balancing all of the needs of the people you love, finding out what you have control over and what you don't---and the list goes on. I have seen many tender mercies of the Lord in my life and the miracles that happen regularly to help me know what to do when I am trying my best to live my life the right way, and I am grateful! I love you all and pray that we may all go forward with faith. Happy Day!
Thought for the day: Don't stand in someone else's shadow when it's your sunlight that should lead the way.

1 comment:

Darwin + Kiara said...

I love the great things you post about. They always make me happy. You're the best!!