Tuesday, November 3, 2009

MOON ALERT!

I sure hope everyone has taken the time to experience the absolutely incredible full moon lately. The last couple of mornings I have been on my way to school between 6am and 6:15am and the moon has been huge in the western sky. It has been huge in the eastern sky and is beautiful as it comes over the mountains at night too!! Wow, to see the moon coming AND going is awesome!!!
Yesterday was the Adoption Conference that we put on at UVU. The Behavioral Science/Family Studies Dept.put it together. Kiara and I were on the committee. It was a lot of work but a success. Micheal Mclean was our featured speaker and sang several songs from his book and DVD "From God's Arms to My Arms to Yours." It was a tear jerker! He is such a nice down to earth man. We also had seminars ongoing on from 9-4. I Glad it's over but was a great experience to see so many people touched in such an intimate way whether they were adoptive parents, birth parents, or anyone in between. Now back to homework! Heading to San Fransisco for the NCFR Conference next Wed. and there is a lot to do before then. Hope you are enjoying this wonderful weather and beautiful fall days. I know that I am but ,yes, I am praying for SNOW!!! :)
Thought for the day:
If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea."

2 comments:

patty323 said...

hope you have a safe trip and i am glad things went well for you at school

Jenna said...

When I read the title of this post I was hoping for something a bit more risque ;). Right now the moon is gorgeous - all misty and full. Glad I'm not the only one who has noticed. And San Francisco! How fun!