Saturday, December 12, 2009

Not a Fan of the COLD!

I figured that would get your attention since I have been telling everyone that I LOVE winter and all it entails! And that's true! I love the snow and the frigid temps, seeing your breath, drinking hot chocolate, sitting by the fire and wrapping up in a warm blanket! I love it all! So what is the deal about not being a fan of the cold? Ok, so I'm NOT a fan of sitting in the UVU library trying to study for finals while my nose looks like Rudolph because I have to wipe it every 2 minutes! I can't turn off the faucet in my face! And I do not need the Kleenex company telling me that if you use THEIR brand, it's gentle on your nose. R U kidding? Santa could call me up tonight and I could be his beacon in the fog. I have figured out that Rudolph wasn't born with a shiny red nose out of the blue, he was born with a runny nose that his mom had to wipe and it became a BIG RED SHINY NOSE that is so popular today! And the aches and pains that come with the common cold? There is nothing common about feeling like you have been run over by a semi! And the best part is not being able to breath out of 1 nostril because it is locked up tight! Love THAT feeling! I guess it's better than having them both plugged at the same time which does happen frequently. How are you suppose to eat and breath out of your mouth at the same time? Still working on that one.Then, hallelujah, you are finally able to breath again with the help of nose spray which you have to inject several times because you are so plugged up that it runs right back out with the rest of the "stuff" that you have been wiping all day.( You realize that cocking your head back for a few minutes works but gets you funny looks at the library!) And trying to study while your head feels like it's being slowly squeezed in a vise thanks to those swollen sinuses is a kick! That's really gonna help your concentration! Trying to sleep at night is the BEST, because you get the opportunity to lie in bed and try not to think of your pounding head, achy body, swollen and runny nose, and the fact that you can't breathe. No problem, I'll count sheep or my blessings or how many more Kleenex's I'll need tomorrow or...........! Happy Day! Life is good! :)
Thought for the day: Mother's of teenagers know why animals eat their young.

2 comments:

patty323 said...

you are so right about the cold i hate it. It makes everybone in my body hurt, I want it to get warm. and i love your thought for the day, It is so true.

Jake and Megan said...

Having a stuffy nose is the worst! Hope you get feeling better!