Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Cheese with my "Whine"!

I haven't kept up very well with my "journal" blog so I'm going back and try to remember some of the things that have happened. First and most exciting is that Jamie had her baby boy on Monday the 26th of July! He is a doll and it looks like Jagger Mikel will be is name. Mom and baby are doing great!
Last week was a whining week for me. The prior Sat. I went with Kelly and his family, Chris and Hunter(Skyla was sick so Jamie stayed home with her), boating on Utah Lake. We had such a fun time! I have never gotten up on a boogie board, but hey, I work out and maybe this time? Wrong! I ended up pulling a chest muscle on my left side and that was the end of that. It hurt to breath and I'm pretty sure you can't get along to well without breathing!Really? Wow, I am sooooo glad I exercise every day so I don't hurt myself!!! Ahhhhhh! Yes, that started the whining! By Monday I couldn't do my upper body exercises, it was hard to walk across BYU campus with my bag of books, and my professor of Statistics(you remember stats? my absolute favorite subject in the world? NOT!) proceeded to tell us that there were several people that were kicked out of the program because they couldn't pass Statistics and Research so we needed to take it more seriously! How much more serious can you get than a stack full of 3x5 cards with hundreds of formula's and crazy information that I still don't "get?!" Needless to say, I had a mini breakdown that day. I would have had a MAJOR FULL BLOWN breakdown but I didn't have time. You know why? I had to study for Statistics that's why!!!! (I do have a breakdown scheduled for my next school break.) Then on Tuesday, I pulled a groin muscle on my right leg during my morning exercise routine and by the time class was out at BYU I was limping SLOWLY across campus. Are you KIDDING me? Maybe this is why some people don't exercise. You can get HURT! Well at least my chest muscle pull faded in the background of my new pain! Awesome! By Wednesday morning I was hurting so bad that I took a pain pill that made me sooo sick that I ended up skipping my BYU class and going home to die! I spent the day in bed. Life is good? :/
I went to the rodeo with Kelly's family on Thursday and it was so fun! Beautiful night and an almost full moon! Love the moon! Saturday morning I went with Jamie to take Jake, Megan and Kaylee's family pictures at Salem Pond. They turned out sooo cute. Of course-great subject matter! That night everybody came over (except Elisha who was doing Cherries and Jess and Mike who are still in Texas) and we had a BBQ and stayed up to watch the Fiesta Days Fire Works in the back yard. We had a really great time. By Sunday I was feeling much better and I took my motorcycle for a ride. I went and visited with my friend for awhile and by the time I went to leave, the battery was dead. My friend offered to put my motorcycle by his garage and take me home but I was determined to get it started. Of course I had to kick start it with the leg with the pulled muscle. Can things get ANY better? ha ha I did manage to get it started and get home ok. And I did decide that my week of whining was over! Besides----nobody cares! Seriously, when you see someone and ask, "how are you today?", do you REALLY want to know? Just say great and be done with it. Save the whining for your family. They probably don't want to hear it either, but they have to listen cause they are related! Happy day to ya'll!

3 comments:

Jess Beach said...

Oh mama, eef I am a good writer at all, eet eez because of YOU! I laughed out loud...at least you're a woman...if you were a MAN, pulling a chest AND groin muscle would have you COMPLETELY out of commission! :)

Jenna said...

I'm so sorry you've been having a rough day, but I admire you, Aunt Janice! Keep on keepin' on! :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

We all need a good whine every now and then. It's always good to get it off your chest :)

Love you, Janice! We SERIOUSLY need to get together for lunch again SOON!!

P.S. We got have our gender ultrasound scheduled for Aug. 30th! Can you believe it? This is really happening for us!! Woot! Woot!