Saturday, July 10, 2010

Thumbs Up!

Ok, so you can call me a sap or a romantic (both of which are true), but I really love the "Twilight" series! I have to blame my daughter in law, Jen, for this. When everyone was busy reading the "Twilight series" and in a lather about the first movie, I was being a good little student at school. I knew better than to start reading any books that weren't school books because I have no self control when it comes to reading and I read a book until I'm finished. Beside, a story about a vampire--really? So I was over watching the kids while Kelly and Jen were at a baseball game and after the kids went to bed, I spotted it! The book, right there in plain sight and beckoning me to pick it up.( I wonder if Jen did that on purpose? hmmm) Anyway, I thought I would just skim over it and that's all it took. I was hooked and had the entire series read in no time! Loved it! Let me explain what is so appealing to me about the series for those of you who think I'm crazy or don't have a romantic bone in your body!!!!
1. How awesome would it be to have someone who was willing to do whatever it took to be with you? ( and Bella has two! So it's a vampire and werewolf! details details!)
2.A guy who has such self control. Keeping passions in check so he doesn't hurt her? Way hot!
3.A guy with enough moral integrity to want to wait to be intimate until AFTER they are married. Now that's unusual in this day and age!
4. An entire vampire family who want to be better than their kind and natural instinct. They crave human blood but drink animal blood instead. (so would that be like craving chocolate and having to have a carrot?! whoaaa! )
And the list goes on. So here comes the "soapbox" that I get on from time to time--ok, more than that!:)
When we know what we are suppose to do, we should be willing to do whatever it takes to do it! We will hit roadblocks and stumble, but it will be worth it in the end! I think that the major thing we are suppose to learn in this life is self control. We live in a world where we are spoiled beyond belief and have instant everything! We want to do or have things that are not good for us or can hurt us, and we need to develop the self control to do the right thing and the wisdom to know the difference. Time is precious! We never know what tomorrow will bring. Every day that goes by is one more day that you won't ever get back to spend with your loved ones or be doing what you need to do. Don't procrastinate living, loving, or having joy now! Happy Day!
Thought for the day: Never mistake motion for action!

6 comments:

Chris & Jamie said...

You are so smart Mama! I love it!:)

ANeibaur said...

That's an awesome perspective on the series! I too, LOVE the books and movies. Your a very wise woman Aunt Janice :)

Jake and Megan said...

Are you kidding me? Hey maybe the books are good but the movies are so dumb!! By the way this is Jake if you already didn't know.

Jess Beach said...

Jake, YOU are dumb! :) Mother, nice try with attempting to make Twilight seem like a philosophical look into the modern age...we all know you only like it because Edward's hott and Jacob's always shirtless! :D

patty323 said...

I am glad to see that you are a fan as well I have the whole series in books and I am going to get every movie when thay come out. i like your theory on the book though it would be nice to have someone like that

Jake and Megan said...

Who the heck are these Asian people? Stop lookin at my mom's blog. This is America and we speak ENGLISH!!!
Jake