Sunday, July 4, 2010

Can you hear me now?

I'm busy! What a great tool for the adversary! We are so busy in our lives that we often complain that there isn't enough time to get everything done. Are we confusing being busy with being productive? Is busyness a way we run away from what is really important and what we really should be doing? I have thought a lot about this lately in my own life. I was talking with Elisha awhile ago about a sharing time she was doing in Primary on the subject of the Holy Ghost. As a demonstration, she had a boy come up to the front of the room. She asked him to remove his shoes and socks. She had some obstacles on the floor between her and the boy. She then blindfolded him and put some thumbtacks on the floor between them and told him that she would guide him safely to her and to listen carefully to her voice. Then she told all the other children in the room to talk and make noise to try and distract the boy from hearing her voice. What an effective object lesson for all of us! Sometimes we need to slow down, turn off the electronic devices, and listen. We can't hear answers to our prayers or feel the spirit when we are too busy to listen! In the scriptures it says,"Be Still And Know That I Am God." I now understand what that means for me.
Thought for the day: I'm so busy...I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse!
Happy Day!

1 comment:

Jess Beach said...

Yo, Mama! I appreciate your thoughts about life. They always give me a leetle boost! :) Thanks for sharing! Love you!