Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Has Anybody Seen---well, ME?

I know that sounds kind of corny but it's true. If you were to ask anyone who has been around me the last 2-3 weeks, they would say that I have been sort of --off. I had a fabulous time in Florida, but since I've been home, I've struggled quite a bit. As any good therapist would, I have looked back on what has been going on and I have come up with several factors:
1. Memorial Day (need I say more?)
2.My Anniversary (would have been 33 years)
3.Dealing with my mom's "stuff". Lawyers, police, craziness, untruths, dates, times, mom's emotions, frustrations, moving her in with me for several weeks until we moved her to an apartment, etc. She is finally in her own place as of last Saturday and doing very well. I love you mom!
4.The sudden screech to a halt of being crazy busy at school for 3 1/2 years and then graduating and not having a schedule.
5. There is a #5, but I won't blog about it.
So, now what? I realize that life is full of ups and downs and my personality is definitely lived in the "up" side, so to be knocked down and struggling to get up is tough. But I do know where to turn for help and I know that the Lord is blessing me to hang on until I can find my balance again. It's interesting because I have experienced the tender mercies of the Lord that is talked about in Mosiah 24:15(B of M). The Lord strengthened Alma and his brethren to be able to bear their burdens, he did NOT take their burdens away. Although it would be nice to have the Lord take away my struggles, I realize that the lessons I am to learn from my struggles can only be learned by experiencing them and dealing with them. So I will hang on and know that I will be ok. To those of you who have to deal with me(bummer for you), I hope you can hang in there as well and know that the positive and happy me is hopefully just around the corner! I do know that life is good and I am very blessed! I love you all and am grateful for the love and support that you are to me! Happy Day!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love you Mom! We know you will be out of your "Funk" soon. If we can do anything for you please don't hesitate to ask!

Jess Beach said...

Number five is me being gone and because of that your world has blackened with sorrow, right? ;) Love you Mama! Call me lots. Seriously. I don't have very eventful days. Love you!

patty323 said...

hope all goes better for you love you and thinking about you all the time.

The Nielsens said...

I could tell the other day you were feeling a little glum...Hope you're on the upside and feeling better (: We love you!

ANeibaur said...

I wish I had more comforting words for you. I can't know how hard it can get for you, but I can empathize a little and tell you that I love you. I know we haven't seen eachother in a long time, and I am very much looking forward to seeing you at the baby shower on Saturday. :)
Know that I, and my family, love you. Your such a strong person, hang in there! :)

Darwin + Kiara said...

Keep your chin up, Janice. "This too shall pass." I love you! It was fun to see you today, even if we didn't get to chat and catch up. Hopefully you don't get too busy working on becoming "Master Janice" that you can't keep coming to Adoption Conference meetings. I'm going to hang onto you for as long as I possibly can!