Monday, May 18, 2009

There is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today!

I have been reading President Monson's talk from November 2008 conference "Finding Joy in the Journey." I am so grateful for the many wonderful memories I have of our family and the fun we had! I am so glad that Jeffrey and I decided early on to not wait until the future to enjoy life but to have fun along the way! And we sure did. Kelly said that he was talking to Uncle Neil the other day and he told him that he never met anyone that worked as hard as Jeffrey but that he worked equally hard at playing! I remember in the early days of snowmobiling when Jeffrey would not put the snowmobiles away until we had gone at least 100 miles. He would even circle the parking lot just to get the odometer to read 100! He wanted to get his monies worth! :) And he would ask everyone ALL THE TIME if we were having fun! It was annoying but he needed to know that we were having a good time. And I miss his sense of humor! How he could tell a story of any every day occurrence and make it hilarious!
The point is, don't waste your today's on things that don't matter! Know what is important! "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you've collected a lot of empty yesterdays." Everyone should make the most of every day you have with each other because the memories are one thing that can't be taken away! And if you have a hard time remembering things, you need to write them down because it doesn't take much of a jog to your memory to have all sorts of memories come flooding back! How grateful I am for such wonderful memories and that the Lord has blessed me with such a wonderful family. Remember, Find Joy in the Journey! Love to all!!

4 comments:

Darwin + Kiara said...

Janice, your blog is so cute! I love your positive attitude. After you told me you did this post, I remembered the caption I put on my blog heading. You'll have to check it out ;)

Just in case you need it again my link is www.kiarwin.blogspot.com

Have a great day! We'll see ya on Wednesday!

-Kiara

Darwin + Kiara said...

Your comments both went through. Just wanted to let you know so you weren't left wondering :) Have a wonderful day!!

Chris & Jamie said...

I LOVE it!
We miss you and love you!

Jess Beach said...

I miss Dad.